TRU ESSENCE BANNER

create your own banner at mybannermaker.com!
Copy this code to your website to display this banner!

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Start of it All

Summer 2010 I figured hey why not blogg my story to inform people of who I really am, where I really come from, and what I've really been through; this way they could understand why I'm me and why I do the what I do.

Weeeeeellllllll it didn't work out that way lol. I got so far as the title: "In The Essence of it All".

Amazing though, how it is when, The Most High will steer you to where you need to be and make you do what you need to be doing, no matter how much you want to put things off.

Here it is now, Feb. 2011, and I am writing my first piece. yae!!!

So, lets get the bumps out the way, then we can get to the good stuff.

I was born Rosalyn Reese, in Florida, with Sickle Cell Anemia. Life was good I can't complain, because it could have been much worse. I had a good family. Made good grades, didn't grow up in "da hood" but didn't grow up in "da burbs" either. I had little friends, kept to myself because people didn't quite understand how one minuet I was out playing, riding my bike, being all the little girl I'm pose to be, then the next minuet, I'm in the hospital under sooooo much pain. Yea right. That's cool, ain't phase me none, it was my life.

Age 12 I was diagnosed with Spinal Meningitis. Caused me to go in a coma for a week, but when I came out...I was 1-hard of hearing, deaf in my left ear and 2-permanently bruised and scared up because of doctors trying to keep me alive. So, if I didn't have any friends then, I defiantly didn't have any now. But that's cool, its my life and I gotta live it right?

Well, I maintained, literally went to hell and back, and yet, I'm still standing so what more to do than trudge on.

Age 16 my family are a family no more. Love no longer lived in the home I grew up in. Divorced my parents became, torn between the two I became. Anger ensued... heeeey!...my new found friend, something I never really had to deal with because, far as I knew it was all love love. I found out who Ice Cube and NWA were and I channeled, hating whites, loving Too $hort, and ready 2 fight for no apparent reason yeah...Anger my best friend. Moving and relocating to a new school didn't help much...well maybe a little
New friends emerged, no females though, kinda like Love and Basketball, without the basketball. My visions started to change, what is this thing they call "Hip-Hop", Tribe Called Quest, De La Soul? People dancing all around no more thugs throwing pounds? What? "Mama, tell me again about this East Coast. What? I'm from where?" The truth hits...
Actually Jersey born, Brick City is where you hail from...

Great, and all this time I'm thinkin' I'm from the Florida state.

Moving right along: please try n keep up it really isn't a song.....

Well, I made it, stayed educated, became graduated, mom's new husband explained to me that having a job was tax affiliated. Found my first love, my first kiss, my first miss (carriage), no kids yet, but still maintaining in and out of the hospital through all this. Off to College and back again, got my own new place then that's where life begins....

Fell in love. Had a baby. Moved around. Argued like crazy. Thought about marriage. Yes. No. May...be Not! Eight years of the same song, got tired of the lame, "I'm gone!" Time to move on. Did no dirt, but caught a case. Found the Lord, he made everything great! Un for tune ate ly.....I backtracked ugh...
Met a thug, got him clean, had a mini-me and lost my self esteem.

NOW


Here I am three years later shook the baggage and on to things greater!


WELCOME EVERY ONE...TO MY BLOG

No comments:

Blog Archive

FREE BUSINESS ADVERTISING